Wednesday, January 28, 2015

“Love is tender!”

Stop beating or verbally abusing your child/children then say to them, “You know I did it because I love you.” That statement is wrong and should not be stated! Love doesn’t hurt. People hurt people. There should be a cut off age for licks/beating/blows. I believe from ages 10 it should stop. Yes your child/children might be hard of hearing, stubborn, but there are other ways to discipline them. Do not let your child/children believe that being abusive is the right and only way to defuse a situation. Somebody has to break the chain of painful and hurtful punishment.
Love is tender. It is the sweetest feeling you feel and it does not make you inflict pain. Using love as your excuse for inflicting pain is sending the wrong message. Later in life if your child is being badly treated he/she is going to accept the executor’s reason, “Do you see what you made me do? I am doing it (Abusing you) because I love you”… 

No comments: