Saturday, November 1, 2014

“Another Personal Note”

I love sitting at the dining table to eat our meals. Conversations are always hysterical. Last night at dinner, my children said that we never took them trick-or-treating, when they were children and they missed out on that part of their childhood. Their father chuckled.
I said. “Really!? We do not like clowns so if we saw one what would we do? Suppose the clown is a real creep wearing his creepy suit? The both of you do not like candy, so you were just going to take the candy then throw it away?
“We like candy,” They said.
“Yes, I know how much you do. I have been seeing a pack of Starburst about 8 months now in the fridge and a pack of Sour Skittles has been there since September. Every time I clean the fridge, I keep putting them back because I want to see how long it would take you all to eat them.”
“I am eating the Starburst,” Sarah said.
“Yeah I could tell. Two missing since it has been in the fridge.”
“I will eat the skittles,” Paul said.
“Yeah, I know that you may eat it by January, 2015. You both see why I never bothered with Halloween. I also do not like it.
“You guys should have still taken us trick-or-treating,” They both said.
“Why to spend the evening running from clowns?”
“No dad would have manners them,” Sarah said.
Hysterical... 

No comments: