Sunday, November 23, 2014

“I am getting set for Thanksgiving. Marinate/Soak then Season Turkey”

If a turkey is not marinated/soaked and seasoned hours or days before it is cooked, it smells fresh like a snake. I get turned off by food that smells that way. This is how I prepare my turkey for roasting/frying.
1 submerge my turkey in a bucket filled with water that has; 2 cups of lime/lemon juice, 1 cup salt, ½ cup vinegar. Cover the bucket and leave the turkey to marinate/soak for 3 to 4 hours, depending on the weight. While the turkey is marinating/soaking I prepare my seasoning... Blend in vinegar, onion, lots of garlic, cilantro, scallions and ginger. I add salt and black pepper in the seasoning.

Take turkey out of the bucket, put into a bowl, in the kitchen sink and I wash outside and inside of the turkey, plucking out the feathers I find. I put the turkey in a baking pan then I rub the seasoning all over the outside, inside and even under the skin with the blended mixture, covered the baking pan and place it in the refrigerator to marinate/soak. I usually prepare my turkey 4 days before Thanksgiving, so my turkey tastes yummy.

No comments: