Saturday, February 1, 2014

1 Paralipomenon (1 Chronicles) 16:2-3

David had made an end of offering holocausts, and peace offerings, he bless the people in the name of the LORD. And he divided to all and everyone, both men and women, a loaf of bread, and a piece of roast beef , and flour fried in oil.
Flour fried in Oil — Fry Bake… With cheese/ fry shark/salt fish… That is the meal of the day in my home today.

“Fry Bake”
4 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoon sugar or ½ teaspoon salt (I like sugar in my fry bakes. I am not a fan of salt so I am not going to tell you to add more.)
Water
Oil for frying.
Mix flour, baking powder sugar or salt adding a little water at a time to make soft dough, not sticky. Knead for 8 to 10 minutes. Put in a bowl, cover and let rest for ½ an hour… Cut pieces and roll into a small ball. Roll out ¼ inch thick… Fry in hot oil turning over… fry until brown.
This is my recipe for making fried bakes… At times I add ½ cup of whole wheat flour or ½ cup fine cornmeal.

No comments: