Friday, September 6, 2013

“My Book List”
The moment I arrived home on the last day of Elementary School, I had to give my mother, my report card and the book list for the next grade.
The summer holiday would be going great until my father say to my mother, “I want to buy those children school books. Give me their book lists.” She would give him the lists and he would purchase the books.
I get upset because he would eventually say, “Allison bring your book-bag.” I would bring the bag and he would take out my reading book, open it on what he wanted to hear and then say, “Read!”
Everyday I had to read and that was interfering with my holiday, but today I am glad he did encourage me to read.
As the summer holiday started my daughter had me buy her two books and the moment she was finished reading one she said her usual words, “Mom you have to read this book.”
My son said, “Not before she finishes reading the books I gave her.” My husband said, “I gave her two books before the both of you did!”
“Guys, I am writing and editing,” I said.
“You have to read the books,” My son said.
“Mom make some time,” My daughter said.
“Yes take a break. Read the books,” My husband said.
You guys need to read my books,” I said.
“We did,” They said.
“Only your father did.”
“Mom you write Romance and Children's books,” My son said.
“But we read the children’s books,” My daughter said and her brother second that.
“Okay."
My book list;
From my husband~ Maya Angelou –Letter To My Daughter & Iyanla Vanzant –Every Day I Pray, from my son~ Joseph Campbell –The Power Of Myth & Stephen King –Under The Dome and from my daughter~ Gabrielle Douglas –Grace, Gold & Glory & Elizabeth L. Silver –The  Execution Of Noa P. Singleton.
On this beautiful Friday morning, get yourself and children into the habit of reading even if it is just the newspapers. A blessed safe knowledgeable day to you and yours…

No comments: