Wednesday, September 11, 2013

“I remember how tragic 12 years ago today was.”

I woke up the morning of 9/11/2001 at 5:00AM, feeling good. My husband left for work, my son for school and I was getting my daughter dressed for Daycare. The television was on, but I was not looking or listen to it.
My daughter said, “Mommy look, the building burning.”
Fire and black smoke was coming from one of the World Trade Center buildings. It was so surreal that I said, “They are probably filming a movie.” (Oh how I wish that a movie was being filmed on that heartbreaking day).”
I dropped my daughter to Daycare, hurried home and sat in front of the television. A plane came on the screen. It was flying towards WTC and I thought that this was a replay of the first plane crash. I gasped in shocked, as the reporter said that this was another plane. I looked through the window and thick black smoke was moving across the sky. The reporter then said that another plane crashed into the Pentagon. This was the third plane that crashed into buildings. I wondered what was going on and my heart was racing. A bitter taste was in my mouth… Fear was embedded deep within me, but I was thinking that man was at it again. He was hell bent on hurting man…

No comments: