Sunday, May 15, 2011

“Fear Of The Needle Prick”

Gone were the days of innocence and fear of the needle prick… When I was in elementary school and sitting in my class, I used to hate when I look through the window, just in time to see a woman dressed in brown… She was the district nurse. Her reason for coming to our school, was to give us shots… Minutes after she arrived, she would set up her table and we would have to form a line. The list of names were in alphabetic order and I would be standing near the end of the line because my last name started with ‘V’. I wished I was first in line, just to get it over with and done… I had to go through the motions of hearing some of my friends cry… While they were lamenting, my heart would be racing. I used to take deep breaths over and over again because of the fear of the needle prick… Today, it seems as though, children are not afraid of the needle… I saw an 8 year old child, on the television, acting nonchalant about receiving Botox shots… Wow!

No comments: