Tuesday, May 3, 2011

“All Men Are Dogs… All Women Are Bitches”

Oh what a hateful statement…
The first woman I met in my life was my mother. I never heard her say bow-wow, what I heard her say and I took note of, was the word etiquette. She made sure it did not stay in the dictionary she took it out and brought it to life. She made my siblings and I live by the rules of etiquette. Another thing she said to us – dress appropriately.
My father was the first man I met. I never heard him say bow-wow. He validated my mother’s rules, but added his own to it. His rules were especially for my brothers… Pull up your pants. Put a belt in your pants waist. Put on a pair of socks when you are wearing shoes/sneakers. Take off your hat when you walk into a room. Don’t put your hat on the table…. So the hateful statement is not a truthful one…

No comments: