Sunday, May 29, 2011

“The Antagonist”

While doing my grocery shopping, I saw that there was corn on sale. I decided to get ten. There were no bags where the corns were, so I went over to a roll of bags, on the other side. I took ten bags because I needed two for the corns and the other bags for other items. I put the bags in my cart and I went to the container with the corn. There were about 10 people choosing and husking corns. I moved to an area where no one was standing, put 10 corns in my cart, and started husking. No one was speaking. Everyone was minding his/her business. Two ladies came to the container and picked up some corns. They were talking and moving about while they were husking. I noticed one of the ladies looking in my cart, but I did not say anything to her. I just continued what I was doing. A few moments later, she took two bags out of my cart. I simply looked at her and didn’t say anything.
“Oh. I’m sorry this is your cart.”
“You see it is next to me and I am putting my husked in it.”
I looked at her seriously. She had an annoying smile on her face as she opened a bag and put a corn in it then she handed the other bag to her friend… All I said to myself was, “Age brings reason, I am not going to be challenged by an antagonist”…

No comments: