Sunday, February 13, 2011

“A Loquacious Man”

Yesterday, I went to the bank to see a friend I had lost touch with. When I walked into the bank, I looked at all the tellers and I didn’t see her so I decided to ask someone. The first person I saw was a security guard. I asked him for her. He did not know her so he asked a woman who was standing a little way from him. I heard the woman say that my friend retired. So I said, “She did?”
The woman came closer and she said, “Yes. Three months ago.”
“That’s why I don’t know her. She left before I started to work. I’m here two months now,” said the guard.
I said okay, and as I was about to walk away, he said to the woman, “Did she retire or was she fired?”
I walked towards the front door thinking that the security guard is a loquacious man…

No comments: