Wednesday, August 18, 2010

“Should A Man Take Care Of Another Man’s Home”

Children were never around to hear adults when they were gossiping, so I didn’t know that they were the talk of the neighborhood. All that I saw was one neighbor frequenting another neighbor’s home, on a daily basis. I thought that he was just being a friendly neighbor. He was so friendly that he supported the home as though it was his. The woman always complained that her husband was a drunk, but she thanked God that the neighbor helped her. Her children wore the best brand named clothes and shoes. They had every toy that was on the market. I thought that it was a good thing that she was getting help, until the man’s daughter said, “Look at the old clothes and shoes that I wear. My mother buys them at a thrift shop. I didn’t get anything for Christmas, but all that I can say is… Thank God for the store on the corner. They always have a sale on food…

No comments: