Sunday, October 30, 2016

I must say this birthday for my son Paul we decided that we are going to let him decide what he wants because last birthday I did my usual; the kind of cake the family likes (because Paul doesn’t eat a lot of cake), the restaurant we all like. Before we arrived at the restaurant Paul told us not to mention that it was his birthday. He did not want anyone coming to our table singing happy birthday, making him a spectacle.
Paul said that he was going to get the kind of cake he wanted because we know that he doesn’t like too much sweet.
Paul bought a small Junior’s Restaurant Cheese cake and it did not even say ‘Happy Birthday Paul’. I was flabbergasted and I said, “that little cake?”
“Yeah, I told Sarah to choose the cake she likes because you know she is the cake eater in the family,” he said.
I shook my head but said nothing and prepared the things he wanted to eat.
Breakfast; Sardines, cleaned and crushed up, diced, onions, sweet peppers, tomatoes, and lime juice with a little salt mixed in. Floats on the side.
Lunch; fried chicken and lentil peas with floats.
Dinner was left overs and shrimp egg rolls. Paul got most of the things he likes to eat and he enjoyed his day.
I know if I was left to do it the way I wanted, we would have been at a restaurant or I would have cooked a different meal, but it was his birthday and I know I had to step back.

A wonderful safe day to you.

No comments: