Wednesday, February 8, 2012

“No Cobbler in The Neighborhood”

I miss the old days~ I did take most of the important things in life for granted. As the old folks used to say, “You don’t miss the water until the well runs dry.”
When I walked out the heels of my favorite shoes, I took them to Mr. Mark, the shoemaker. Mr. Mark always stopped what he was doing and I would show him what was wrong with my favorite shoes. He would look at the shoes, did not say a word to me, and he would start to repair the heels. On most occasions, there would be two or three gentlemen conversing with him about the political situations in Trinbago… This did not deter him from his work. I usually stood quietly, looking around the little cobbler’s shop… Now when my favorite shoe heels are gone, they are thrown out~ No cobbler in the neighborhood.

No comments: