Friday, April 5, 2019


The nicest thing about my trip to Trinbago. One day one of our neighbors, Mr. Mitchell brought me 4 half ripe calabash mangoes, his wife sent for me. After 16 years they remembered that I love half ripe calabash mangoes. I sat on the porch, dipping pieces of my mango in salt and pepper. As I sat there eating and looking out, neighbors walking by stopped to say hello to me. That was a sweet nostalgic moment. The next day I walked through the neighborhood because I was going to visit my best friend Lystra, sister Lydia. It used to take me 10 minutes to get to the house Lystra grew up in, but that day it took me about an hour. I met so many friends and people I knew that we stood talking. One thing I can say is, the original Point Fortin people are still kind and respectful. Love them always.

No comments: