Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I know this is long but I feel I must share this because so many people suffer with asthma especially children. I know how it feels and looks when your child is having problems to breath.

At 3 years Paul got his first asthma attack. On the days when he had an attack I could not sleep at nights. He slept with us and I would listen to him trying to breathe all night. His medication was to be taken every 4 hours … The four hours to wait before giving him the nebulizer machine always felt like 8 hours. After the second sleepless night, I decided to find out what caused the asthma and then I went into curative mode. Milk, cheese and cherry … Walking barefooted, showering and coming out of the bathroom before dressing were the main causes for the attacks. Also, winter days going outside without covering his nose and mouth with his scarf and very hot humid summer days.
Paul did not eat or drink anything with milk, cheese and cherry. He drinks a lot of water. Apple juice was the only juice he drank and he even put it in his cereal. When he showered, he dressed before leaving the bathroom. In the winter, he covered his nose and mouth before stepping outside. Summer he stayed in if the humidity was high.
Sarah was 10 years when she got her first asthma attack. It was caused when she had an attack of sinusitis. The medication for the sinusitis and the asthma medication only gave her a little relief two days later. Her rapid breathing was slowed a bit, her sinus was still swollen, draining and painful. She did not sleep comfortable for two night. A friend told me to give her 1,000 mg Vitamin C. I was willing to try anything so I did. Twenty minutes later she was breathing better, her nose was no longer draining and she was no longer in pain. The next day she was breathing better but she took another dose of Vitamin C.

Paul and Sarah no long get asthma attacks; Sarah also no longer gets sinusitis. If they get symptoms of the onset of one or a cold they take 2,000 mg of Vitamin C daily. 

No comments: