Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I had to post this again — "Mad, foolish, crazy, barmy, nutty, nuts, round the bend, mentally disturb”

If our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit then it must be a part of heaven. When I was a child I used to laugh when I saw anyone dressed in lewd, undignified and humiliating ways… exposing heaven.
When I was a teenager, I was out shopping with my favorite sister Claudette. A woman walked by us and she was dressed in a very bad way, exposing heaven. I started to laugh and Claudette looked at me seriously. I kept laughing and wondered how she could not see how funny the lady looked.
“Oh LORD. Stop laughing. It is not funny. That woman must be mad to leave her home dressed like that. We don’t know the circumstances of anyone’s demeanor, so you must not laugh at people. Anything can happen to anyone of us in a flash so that could be me or you one day,” Claudette said. I stopped laughing and I felt embarrassed, but I learnt a lesson…
Enjoy your day, be safe and remember that you have your own situation going on, but you don’t know what the other person is going through. Have empathy.

No comments: