Friday, September 7, 2012




“No Driver In The Car”
I was driving about 70mph along the Solomon Hochoy Highway~ One morning around 3:00AM ~ Heading to Point Fortin. Three friends were in the car with me~ We were talking and laughing just to keep each other awake. There was a car in front of us, way in the distance~ Cars were on the opposite side heading to Port-Of-Spain. A car passed me and one friend commented that he must be clocking about 90 – 100 mph~ I looked at the car hoping that nothing happens, yet I was wondering if it was a woman or man driving~ We continued our chatting then I saw the reflections of a car lights in the rearview mirror~ It was coming up real fast then slowed down and was abreast of me~ I looked over to see who was driving, but I saw no one~ Before I could take a second look, it speed away~
“Did any of you see who was driving that car?” I asked.
“No, but it looks like the car that passed us a while ago,” said Ava.
“True,” said Sharon.
“I did not see a driver,” I said.
“What! Nah you are joking,” Said Michael.
I kept insisting that I did not see a driver~ They did not believe me so I got quiet~ Suddenly another car was behind me then it came abreast~ It was the same color and type of car~ It speed away~ My blood ran cold because I did not see a driver, but I kept quiet.
“Damn! There is no driver!” Michael exclaimed.
“You are right,” Ava said.
“I’m scared,” Sharon said.
“That car passed us three times~ I always heard that this part of the highway is haunted…

No comments: