Saturday, September 22, 2012



“There Is Person Out There”
This world is vast yet at times it seems so small to us~ When I meet people that I don’t know and they smile happily at me, I smile happily at them~ There are times when one would smile as though they know me and then I would start taxing my brain, “Oh my gosh, am I suppose to know who this person is? Oh Jesus … who is this? Remember … remember … oh gosh remember. Not for hell would I remember and then they would start talking~
One day a lady said that I helped her in Alaska … I explained to her that it wasn’t me … I have never been to Alaska. It hurt to see a bit of disappointment on her face as she went on detailing the happy moment she shared with this person~
A man said he met me while traveling to England with his elderly mother ... Midway into the flight she had a situation. I helped her and did not complain. I told him I have never been to England.
This one had me in a tizzy. A man smiled at me and said, “Hi.”
I said hi, but I did not smile.
He said, “You are Trinidadian … right?”
“Yes. I am.”
“You don’t remember me?”
“No. I don’t.”
“We met in Canada then in the Bahamas … 1979 and in 1982,”
A feeling of share panic crossed my heart, yet I calmly said, “We did, where in Canada and where in the Bahamas?”
“At Niagara Falls … In the Bahamas we both stayed at the same hotel on Paradise Island.”
I explained, to him that I was in Canada and in the Bahamas but I did not visit the ‘Falls’, nor did I stay in a hotel on Paradise Island.
He looked at me as though I was not being truthful, but then he said, “There is a person out there who has a great resemblance to you.” …

No comments: