Saturday, September 29, 2012



My latest book – The Forest Is Our Home
This story is about a what-if moment I had when I visited the Asa Wright Nature Centre in the Arima Valley of the Northern Range in Trinidad and Tobago in the West Indies. I made this visit to Asa Wright with the members of a youth group I belonged to. My what-if moment took place when we arrived at the center. The first thing I noticed, were the trees and the sweet singing of the birds. I love trees and birds, so the area was recipe for my imagination. Some of us decided to go bird watching without a guide. That was a big mistake because we got lost deep in the forest. We tried to find our way back, and we ended up on a cliff. The cliff was slippery, and one person started to slip at a terrific speed toward the edge. Everyone started screaming and shouting, horror-struck, hoping that he would stop—which, at the bare edge, he did. We formed a human chain and helped him back onto dry ground. Everyone was talking about what would have happened if he had fallen over the edge of the cliff.
I was thinking, what if people were living deep in this forest? Would they be happy to live in the heart of nature? And I decided to write a story.

 
 http://www.amazon.com/Forest-Our-Home-Valentine-Joseph/dp/1475944004/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1348917812&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Forest+Is+Our+Home

No comments: