Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Trinbagonians talk. (187) God Blessed us all with a Gift, a Skill. We all have Dreams. The Desire to use our Gift and be Successful.

As parents we have dreams for our children. I wanted Paul to be a surgeon and Harold wanted him to be an Electrical Engineer.  We would buy him things and he would read the directions and put it together perfectly. Harold and I used to talk about our dreams for him, but then Harold would say we cannot tell him how we feel. He has dreams of his own.  Today I smile when I see him going to work as a technician. He loves his job. I wanted Sarah to be an Elementary School Teacher because I watch her with children when she is showing them to do something. The children would smile happily because they learned how to do something.  Remember your dreams are not your children’s dream. Be quiet about your dreams for them and let them tell you about their dreams. Give them all the support they need from you.

 

No comments: