Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Trinbagonians talk. (172) I does Mind meh Own Business

All of us hav’ a story. Yuh story is not meh story an’ meh story is not yuh story. As de old Trinbago folks used to say, “Yuh to dam’ farse. Mind yuh dam’ business. Ah not farse an’ ah does mind meh dam’ business. Anytime anybody tell me dat dey want to tell me sometin’ an’ I is de only person dey  tellin’, ah does tell dem, Doh tell me notin’ because ah kno’ I is not de only one yuh go tell it. When yuh story come out, I is de first person yuh go blame for it. So, ah doh want to hear notin’.

Everybody, have a story. Your story is not my story and my story is not your story. As the old Trinbago folks use to say, “You too damn macocious. Mind your damn business.” I am not nosey. I don’t mind people business. Anytime anybody tell me that they want to tell me something and I am the only person they are going to tell, I does tell them, “Don’t tell me noting because I know that I am not the only one you are going to tell it. When your story comes out, I am the first person you are going blame for it. So, I don’ want to hear noting.”

 

No comments: