Thursday, June 18, 2020

I remember when I was very young my father bought a Television. I was happy that we had one, but I was a bit upset, because it took away some of my fun time. I loved being outside in the yard. Sitting under the cherry tree, reading, writing or playing games with relatives and friends, was the best time of my life. We used to go outside every Saturday morning or on school holidays. If it was raining, we stayed on the porch and played cards, board games etc. On evenings we used to sit down on the low wall that was at the side of a small dry drain, and talk. When we got the television, after I showered and dress, my mother used tell me to sit down and watch TV. My siblings would be outside talking and laughing with their friends. I used to be upset that I was the youngest in the family. The TV was the worst thing we ever had so when I turned 13, I joined a youth group. Every Saturday, I was out to meetings or socializing. Today I am watching so much TV, but this time Covid19 is the culprit. Nostalgic memories of my younger life.



No comments: