Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Happy Tuesday. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Enjoy and be safe.

Give us this day our daily bread.
There are more than 150 different kinds of bread in the world. I can’t eat any kind of bread that has wheat, gluten and dairy products. The only bread I eat, is cassava bread. Although I don’t eat some kinds of bread, I believe that it is a blessed food and it should not be ruined. The sacredness of bread to me, is due to the fact that it is the one food that is eaten ever minute of the day, somewhere in the world. I remember when we left a piece of bread on our plate, my mother or father would tell us to wet it with clean water, before we threw it out. I never knew the reason why, but I still do that.
I don’t know why people squeeze or touch up bread… that pisses me off. A woman was feeling up and squeezing the bread in the grocery. Well all Trinbagonians know that we doh (don’t) play with food and when we see someone doing it, we does hit the roof. A Trinbagonian was near to the bread squeezer and she asked her why she was doing that? The woman said she wanted to see if it was fresh. Well the Trinbagonian asked her in an angry tone if she can’t read.
“Yes I can,” the woman said.
“The expiration date is on the package so read the f…ing thing and stop squeezing the bread!” Trinbagonian said.
And that was the end of that…

No comments: