Friday, October 2, 2015

On a personal note. Out of the blues Paul said it and the drama started. They both sounded like real Trini.

“Mom when are you making curry. There is buss up shut in the freezer and no curry, Paul said.
“I’ll make on Sunday.
“Sarah, do you know Mom used to make roti?”
“Buss up shut?” Sarah asked.
“Nah. roti with peas.”
“No, no! Wait, wait! Daalpourie?”
“Yeah and it used to come out real soft and nice. Dad and dem used to tell her she could make and sell.”
“What is this!? I am 18 years and I am now hearing this?
“I made one day and you ate,” I said.
“When was this?”
“I think it was for Paul’s 10th birthday party.”
“I was 3 years old. No wonder I cannot remember that. So are you going to make roti on Sunday?”
“There is buss up shut in the freezer.”
“Mom!?”
“We’ll see. All yuh really like drama oui.”

No comments: