Thursday, June 28, 2012


“One Is The Stepping Stone”
A friend of mine wanted to start a program to help children. She asked me my opinion. I told her that it was a great idea and she should start working on it immediately.
“I don’t know who to ask to help me with it,” She said.
“It is your idea, so don’t ask anyone to help you. Make some flyers and hand them out to all the people you see with children~ Even those people who don’t have a child with them.”
She made the flyers and handed out more than one hundred.
Days turned into weeks, and she did not receive any response. She spoke to me saying that she was feeling embarrassed and hurt that no one responded.
I said, “Why are you hurt~ Trust that someone will respond~ Come on~ Just be patient.”
I know I probably sounded condescending, but that is how I felt when she spoke to me, and I usually go with my feelings about a situation~ Yes, there are times I might be wrong, but in most cases I am on track with my opinions.
The days dragged on until one parent approached her and she accepted the child~ Three weeks after the child was in her program, her new grumble was, “I only have one child. I think I should call it quits.”
“Why quit? More will come!”
“You always say that,” She said.
“And you should start believing it!”
A year later, 75 children are in her program.
My belief in this life is, that “One is the stepping stone to VICTORY!!!!...”

No comments: