Wednesday, December 14, 2011

“Where You Least Expect It”

Looking through the window at this cold morning, many things are playing on my mind to write. I used to love December because of Christmas, but as the years go by, so many people are crying that I am feeling melancholy… Yesterday I thought, ‘what a drab Christmas is going to be’… The excitement was over. My daughter came home from school and we talked for a moment while she ate something. She started to do her homework. The moment she was finished she started opening drawers looking.
“What are you looking for?” I asked.
“My Christmas gifts.”
“Okay,” I said smiling then continued doing what I was doing.
“Mom, don’t say, 'okay'. Just tell me where they are. Give me a clue.”
“Where you least expect it.”
Now she was looking more intently and I was laughing hard and thinking, oh how Children makes the Christmas Season joyful…

No comments: