Thursday, December 8, 2011

“The Pyramid Scheme”

Many years ago, a friend invited me to a meeting… There was going to be a discussion about how to double your money. She told me to bring $1,000.00 and it would be doubled. When I walked into her home that night, I counted 15 people. I smiled because these 15 people were well-to-do… They all had great jobs... What more do they want? The BOSS of the group set up an easel, with a white board and some markers. He introduced himself then he started to construct the plan, on how to double your money. I don’t profess to be a math wiz, but I knew one –my father. He taught me well. As the BOSS showed the plan, I said to myself, ‘PYRAMID!... Some people are going to win and some are going to lose’. I looked at some of the faces in the room and they were glowing with excitement. The cash register was registering in their heads… chee-ching chee- ching!!!
The BOSS finished explaining then he said, “If any of you wish to join, sign your name and I will collect the $1,000.00”. People rushed to sign their names, and pay the money. I did not sign. When the money started to pile up, I decided to leave. I did not want to see the reactions, of the people, who did not get any money… A week later, I was told that the pyramid collapsed and the drama started…

No comments: