Sunday, November 6, 2011

“ORANGE POUND CAKE”

One of my favorite Christmas and also Thanksgiving desserts… The first day I saw this recipe, I thought that it was not a good recipe for a cake. I made the cake and my family said that it was the best cake they ever ate. After I tasted it, I said this Orange-Lemon Pound Cake is SCRUMPTIOUS!

ORANGE-LEMON POUND CAKE

INGREDIENTS, Makes a 10-inch cake

3 Cups all-purpose flour
2 Cups granulated sugar
1 Tsp. salt
1 Tsp. baking powder
½ Tsp. baking soda
1 Cup sour cream
1 Cup butter or margarine, room temperature
1 Tsp. vanilla
2 Tsp. grated orange peel
5 Eggs

PREPARATION:
1. Spoon flour lightly into cup and level off to measure. Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, sour cream, butter, vanilla, orange peel and eggs in large mixer bowl.
2. Mix at low speed until blended and all ingredients are moistened. Turn speed to high and mix for 3 minutes.
3. Butter and flour a 10-inch pan. Pour cake batter into pan.
4. Bake at 325◦F for pan made of plain metal. Bake at 300◦F if the pan has a colored exterior.
5. Bake for 60 -75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments: