Tuesday, November 22, 2011

“Marinate/Soak Turkey”

I get turned off from food if I smell the fresh smell that turkey has, if it is not marinated/soaked hours before it is cooked… This is how I prepare my turkey for roasting/frying.
1. I submerge my turkey in a bucket filled with water that has; 2 cups of lime/lemon juice, 1 cup salt, ½ cup vinegar. Then I cover the bucket and leave the turkey to marinate/soak for 3 to 4 hours.
2. While the turkey is marinating/soaking I prepare my seasoning... Blend in vinegar, onion, lots of garlic, cilantro, scallions and ginger.
3. Take turkey out of the bucket, put into a bowl, in the kitchen sink and I wash outside and inside of the turkey… plucking out the one or two etc feathers I find.
4. I put the turkey in a baking pan then I seasoned with the blended mixture, adding salt and black pepper. I covered pan and place in refrigerator to marinate/soak.
I usually prepare my turkey 4 days before Thanksgiving, so my turkey tastes yummy.

No comments: