Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Trinbagonians talk. (148) Sometimes in life after something happens, you don’t know if to laugh or cry.

One day, ah did make de biggest out. If ah did walk to de grocery, dat mishap would not hav’ happen. It was a hot summer day an’ ah did want coconut water, so ah did take a taxi to de grocery shop. Ah buy some packs of coconut water an’ then ah take a taxi home. When de taxi pull away from de grocery shop, ah see a truck about 100 feet from de grocery. A man was standin’ up by de truck wit a cutlass in he hand, cuttin’ a coconut for a woman. A few people was standin’ wit coconuts in dey han’, straw in dey mout’, drinkin’ coconut water. An’ me in de taxi wit packs of coconut water. Wat de Jesus! Dat is t’ing to cry for!

One day, I made the biggest mishap. If I walked to the grocery, the mishap would not have happened. It was a hot summer day and I wanted coconut water, so I took a taxi to the grocery. I bought some packs of coconut water and then I took a taxi home. When the taxi pulled away from the grocery, just a little over 100 feet from the grocery stood a truck. A man was standing outside of the truck, with a cutlass in hand, cutting a coconut for a woman. A few people were standing with coconuts in their hands, straw to their lips, drinking coconut water. And me in the taxi with packs of coconut water. What the Jesus! That is something to cry about!


No comments: