Monday, June 3, 2019


Thanks be to God we are seeing another day. Enjoy this day and be safe.
I want to say thanks to my parents for nurturing me into adulthood making sure I enjoyed my childhood. My days as a child were spent outside in the yard or roaming the neighborhood. The adults in the neighborhood did play their part in my development. Point Fortin, Trinidad and Tobago people were very respectable people. Tableland people were also respectable. My summer holidays were spent in Tableland. My cousin and I, 9 and 10 years of age used to walk two miles from our grandparents’ home to my grandfather’s garden. The road was through the forest. It was dismal but every now and then an adult man or woman would pass us, saying hello as they walked on. We walked as fast as we could. The only thing I used to worry about were our folklore characters. Douen ---(The unbaptized spirit of a child.) and La Diablesse ---(The devil’s bride) coming to attack us. Today it pains me to hear how adults rob children of their innocence. How can anyone feel joy from inflicting pain?


No comments: