Sunday, September 11, 2011

“Man Is Hurting Man”

I woke up the morning of 9/11/2001 at 5:00AM, feeling good. My husband left for work, my son for school and I was getting my daughter dressed for daycare. The television was on, but I wasn’t looking or listen to it.
My daughter said, “Mommy look, the building burning.”
There was fire and black smoke, coming from one of the World Trade Center buildings. It was so surreal that I said, “They are probably filming a movie.”
Although I was thinking along those lines, I started to listen to the news. The reporter said that a plane crashed into one of the WTC buildings.
I took my daughter to daycare. Everyone I met was talking about the plane crash. For some reason, it felt as though a dark cloud had descended on New York. I dropped off my daughter, hurried home and sat in front of the television. As I looked at it, a plane came on the screen. It was flying towards WTC and I thought that this was a replay of the first plane crash. I gasped in shocked, as the reporter said that this was another plane. I looked through the window and thick black smoke was moving across the sky. The reporter then said that another plane crashed into the Pentagon. This was the third plane that crashed into buildings. I wondered what was going on and my heart was racing. A bitter taste was in my mouth… Fear was embedded deep within me, but I was thinking that man was at it again. He was hurting man…

No comments: