Wednesday, August 29, 2012


I Talk To The Trees (Paint Your Wagon)
I talk to the trees~ But they don't listen to me~ I talk to the stars~ But they never hear me~ The breeze hasn't time~ To stop, and hear what I say~ I talk to them all~ in vain~~~~
But suddenly, my words reach someone else’s ear~ At someone else’s heart strings too~~~~
I tell you my dreams~ And while you're listening to me~ I suddenly see them come true~~~
I can see us some April night~ Looking out across a rollin' farm~ Having supper in the candlelight~ Walking later, arm in arm~~~
Then I'll tell you how I pass the day~ Thinking mainly how the night would be~ Then I'll try to find the words to say~ All the things you mean to me~
I tell you my dreams~ And while you're~ Listening to me~ I suddenly see them~ Come true~~~~

No comments: