Sunday, May 30, 2010

Made-up Stories.... Fiction.... Excerpt from Interview

In my interview with commitmentnow.com I was asked: Your novels are all very different; Jan’s Mysterious Adventure is about a young girl who encounters spirits after falling into a stream; Sandy is about relationships, love and secrets; and Leigh’s Story is about difficult relationships and danger. How do you come up with the ideas for your books?

At age 8, my elementary school teacher told me that I had a vivid imagination. When I arrived home from school, I asked my sister what is the meaning of the word vivid, and she explained it to me. Today I would sometimes laugh when I remember my school days. I used to tell stories to my friends, not true stories, made-up ones, and my friends used to believe them. Fiction has been in my head for a very long time, waiting to come out from my vivid imagination.

No comments: