Tuesday, May 7, 2019


I believe if you are faced with racism and you say nothing, you are giving the racist the go-ahead to do it again. Another situation could have gone bad for Harold. One of the rules in Manhattan buildings is a drop cloth is to be put on the floor while you are working so the floor doesn’t get soiled.
When Harold arrived to do a job, he and the technician, a white man started to converse because they knew each other. The super a white man came into the room and he shouted in a loud derogatory manner, “Who is this man!?”
“This is Mr. Joseph our electrician,” the technician said.
The super looked at Harold angrily and said, “I don’t want you doing any work in my building! You don’t have a drop cloth.”
“I haven’t started working yet, but this is my drop cloth,” Harold said as he took the cloth out of his bag and dropped it on the floor.
 “You are threatening me! I am calling the police!” The super shouted.
“I did not touch you or shouted at you. I showed you my drop cloth.”
“He is not threatening you. All he did was show you his drop cloth!” The technician said.
“Yes, he is threatening me! I don’t like people like him! I’m calling the police!”
“Call the police. The cameras will show my actions.” Harold said.
“Don’t call the police. My manager is on his way he will clear up this situation. Harold, don’t leave,” The Tech said.
The manager came and cleared up the situation. Harold completed the job but he informed them he is not going to in that building again.

No comments: